The thread title is my thesis. Here are my arguments: 1- The overall philosophy of the revamp was solid: the costing of abilities is a bit harsher than the costing of stats, creating a shift toward more vanilla champs rather than super champs. When choosing between champions within a theme the choices are harder to make. Pre-revamp there were more autoincludes for a specific theme/deck. Although we can still find the 1% unbalanced/autos for every faction, the playing field between the remaining 99% is more even. 2- The result is efficiency is king and the game has become slightly more tactical: most games are decided by 3+v3+ fights rather than 1v1s with a spell being the decisive factor. In the context of the meta game, global/area buffs are more valuable. 3- On top of the systemic increase in the power of global/area buffs, DOGs actively increased their availability to a number of themes: Beasts got boost3 instead of 2 in a lot of different factions Cyclopses got boost3 instead of 2 Voil got regal presence 4- The intent of AoE/global racial/class/etc. buffs is to encourage a specific racial. The buff is strong but is balanced by the thematic restriction: only a specific subset of champs benefit from it so your choices are limited and you may have to include less optimal champs. This encourages diversity by giving typically bad champs a spot in some decks. 5- This restriction has been undermined by the revamp: within each restricted subset it is not difficult to find average or better champions. Before the revamp it would be difficult to propose that a champion gain boost: demon or boost: undead. The vanilification of pox has made it difficult to justify why some themes have access to it and others do not. 6- On top of thematic buffs, splashable global/area buff units are almost always efficient. Battlehymn/battledrum/battlemaster etc. are available on splashable units in some factions. When these splashable buffs overlap with specific buffs, they compound in a very cost-effective way. 7- All factions/themes have access to efficient vanilla champions. Some factions/themes have access to compounding buffs to the efficient vanilla champions. Instead of power turns, they get to have power-eras. Some of them also get power turns. The rationale for this is less clear than it used to be. 8- This is not the sole reason for balance inequity but is, IMO, a substantial one.