Back after 5 years

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Octaaf, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Octaaf

Octaaf New Member

Hi there
    A lot of things have been changed the past 5 years.
    one question, how do I upgrade my champions attack, speed and such.? I know I can upgrade their skills, but how can I upgrade the damage?
    thnx

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

No more stat upgrades, you just select abilities on the two trees.

3. Octaaf

Octaaf New Member

alright that's a pity, you know why they changed it?
    Thnx for the quick reply

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My understanding is that it proved too difficult to balance.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Mainly has to do with complexity and balance. Everyone upgraded speed to the nearest odd number and added 3 points (+6hp) to every champ back then. Was just easier to give champs the stats they were intended to have.

Karmavore likes this.
  6. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Lol there is a lot to catch up... too much that you rather learn precalculus.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

not really, the game isn't that complicated it is similar to chess, you can learn the basics pretty quickly.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Do you play chess? If so, what's your elo rating?

Iskandak likes this.
  9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@Octaaf
    Welcome back sir. Always nice to see another gamer around these parts.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I stopped playing chess years ago. I played it from time to time with my grandpa and brother, probably only 30 games total in my life though. entered the middle school tournament once got third place. That was the last time I remember playing years ago lol.

I prefer playing strategy games and video games because they have more options and features than board games and are more entertaining imo.

11. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I got a very sad, nostalgic feeling from this one. Like the boy who returned to his home to find it demolished.

:(

Alakhami likes this.
  12. Octaaf

Octaaf New Member

thank you all for the replies,
    Yea I really liked levelling my champs up and spend it on speed, HP and sometimes DMG I believe.
    A well it makes it a little easier this way.
    Are there a lot of players still playing this game BTW.
    Taking some time to find an opponent :(

13. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

We had around 300 concurrent users at peak after the launch of Ronin, naturally that has faded a little as we come to the end of this expansion cycle - When we launch Expansion 25 we hope for either a similar number of active users, or some growth.

The game is still being actively developed now by Desert Owl Games after nearly dying out under SoE.

Pox has a bright future once our plans come to fruition. Welcome back!

Iskandak likes this.
  14. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Didn't know you played chess. I remember that Tiny was chess champion in it's country.
    I haven't played profesionally in 4 years. I reached 1950 Elo, but never payed the FIDE to get it updated. Now I'm very rusty, and can hardly win against someone higher than 1700

15. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I feel this post.

I was one of the few people who actually understood the game back then. I personally think taking away All customization in favor of streamlined stuff that is currently going on was a big mistake. Every bg back then was truely unique. Now everything in the meta is abused, nerfed and replaced with the next runner up cause that is the nature of the game.

Back then Griffen Rider had a meta 90 nora build that kicked donkey all day.

You could make sharpshooter into that real, Sniper type of dude.

TheBulwark likes this.
  16. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

WHO THE FOCK PUT CHARGE ON A RANGED UNIT

17. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Chess is too easy compared to this lol. I was in a chess club. Got bored of it. Then I met Poxnora two-three years later and I since then I see chess just not enough.

18. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

What does '300 concurrent users at peak' mean? Is that the max number playing at the same time?

Isn't that very low? How do Desert Owl make any profit out of this?

I love Pox. Hope it carries on, but how does the business model work?

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I miss my 112 nora bonemauler with 12 speed and 20 damage

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

not to get off topic but is their an ETA on expansion 25?